"I went into this not knowing basically anything and came away with tons of knowledge!"
- Louis Matarazzo, Phil's After Effects student
If you are looking to make your videos better, adding motion graphics and visual effects is the way to do that. After Effects CC is used by professionals across the world for every type of production from business & marketing videos, music videos to documentaries, feature films. This full course is the best way to jump right in and start making your own videos come to life.
Make videos the way you imagine them!
Practice while you learn. This course includes practice files so you can follow along and actually learn by doing.
By the end of the course, you'll have finished dozens of real world projects to build your confidence.
I'll be teaching the course using the Creative Cloud version, but if you have a previous version (CS6, CS5, etc - Mac or PC), you can still learn with this course.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
My name is Phil and I'm a professional motion graphics artist and video creator. Plus, I'm the creator of some of the world's most popular After Effects courses - with over 400,000 students and thousands of 5-star reviews like these:
Phil Ebiner's "The Complete Guide to After Effects," is a wonderful and comprehensive course to dive into this Program, and get started with creating our own animations.
- Cavett Robert
Very comprehensive, easy to follow course.
- Dragan Vukicevic
Phil is a g a great instructor who is always willing to help. The way he lays out the course is simple and easy to understand.
My Promise to You
I'll be here for you every step of the way. If you have any questions about the course content or anything related to this topic, you can always post a question in the course or send me a direct message.
I want to make this the best course on how use Adobe After Effects. So if there is any way I can improve this course, just tell me and I'll make it happen.
What's this course all about?
Get ready to create motion graphics that will improve your video quality. If you've always wanted to learn how to use video effects and create custom motion graphics, you can learn After Effects CC right now.
Practice lessons will get you motivated and moving to your goals.
The lessons are meant to teach you how to think like a motion graphics/video effects artist. After Effects is a robust tool that is capable of creating almost any video effect out there. You'll learn all of the basics, intermediate, and some advanced techniques, from working with shapes, text, and textures to video effects, transitions, and 3d camera.
Here is a glimpse of what we'll be covering:
- Getting comfortable with After Effects CC
- Starting a new composition
- Using the basic tools
- Working in the After Effects CC timeline
- Adding shape and text layers
- Animating position, scale, rotation, and opacity
- Working with shape layers and masks
- Real world projects such as lower thirds and bumpers
- Motion graphics principles and best practices
- Using video effects and presets to speed up workflow
- Green screen and chromakey removal
- Visual effects and rotoscoping
- Motion tracking and video stabilization
- Creating unique transitions
- Exporting your projects
- and so much more!
Knowing After Effects CC is a great skill to have that is in demand and highly marketable. I've landed many jobs with the skills that I teach you in this course.
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I'll see you in lesson 1!
What are the requirements?
- You should have Adobe After Effects installed so you can follow along with the course lessons. We'll be using the Creative Cloud version of After Effects, but you can do many of the lessons in a previous version if you don't have After Effects CC.
- You DO NOT need any experience with After Effects. This course is for beginners and assumes you don't have any experience with the program.
What am I going to get from this course?
- You will know how to use After Effects to make your videos better than ever
- You will be comfortable using After Effects - even if you're a beginner
- Know how to create a video project from start to finish in After Effects
- Create professional motion graphics that improve your videos
- Add creative visual effects to your video projects
- Export high quality videos from After Effects and know how to use it with Premiere Pro efficiently
- You will have the full support of an instructor who loves teaching
What is the target audience?
- Anyone looking to use After Effects to improve their videos
- Videographers, video producers, video editors
- Motion graphics artists and graphic designers
- YouTubers and vloggers
- Businesses that use video as part of their marketing strategy
My passion is inspiring people through online courses. Since 2012, over 2,000,000 students have taken my online courses - and I'm so grateful to every single one of you.
I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Film and Television Production from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles. Over the past 10 years, I've shot and edited thousands of videos that have played everywhere from the movie screen and television to film festivals and YouTube.
StartUnderstand the After Effects Workspace (5:39)
StartStarting a New Composition (8:15)
StartAdding Media to Your Project and the Timeline (5:08)
StartUsing the Basic After Effects Tools (10:20)
StartCreate a Perfect Circle, Alignment, and Shape Colors (3:04)
StartWorking in the Timeline (10:59)
StartLayer Properties (8:57)