Have you ever wanted to write? Do you have ideas for stories but don't know exactly how to tell them?
Creative writing is how you do it, and this course will teach you everything you need to start writing today.
This creative writing course is perfect for you whether you want to write short stories and essays, fiction or nonfiction books, novels or novellas. If you're curious about writing but need to learn how to get started, we invite you to join this class.
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO:
- Easy-to-watch video lessons
- Downloadable guides and course slides to help you learn
- Lifetime access to course updates
- Premium instructor support
- A lifelong skill
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is taught using real world writing experience as well as analysis of professional and historical fiction and nonfiction work.
This course is also highly actionable. Throughout the course you'll be practicing all of the concepts. By the end of class, you should be well on your way to writing your own story.
WHO IS YOUR INSTRUCTOR?
Brian's students love his teaching style. Check out this recent review from James:
"This is the most interested I’ve ever been in any course in my entire life."
Or this one from Shabrina:
"Very clear, simple, on point, understandable, comprehensible, practical!!"
Those students encapsulate the quality course you're about to start!
Brian Birmingham is a writer in the Film and Television Industry working as a screenwriter & copywriter. Brian is passionate about all kinds of writing and is excited to show you modern writing techniques.
Brian has partnered with Video School, one of Udemy's top-rated and most popular course creating teams. We promise to do everything we can to make this the best course for you.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE:
Start with an introduction to creative writing including why we write, the reasons to write, and how to find ideas for your stories. The first part of this course lays the groundwork for being a good writer. This includes:
- Learn why we write, and the key elements of great writing.
- Learn grammar, an essential aspect of good creative writing.
- Learn what a writer's style, which includes things like point of view, theme, grammar usage, economy of words, and more. You'll learn how to find and develop your own style.
- Learn the core elements of storytelling, and creating drama through conflict. Learn the structure of a narrative (inciting incident, rising action, climax, and resolution). Learn different common structures, settings, and character development.
- Learn the difference between writing for fiction and nonfiction, and how storytelling elements remain similar in both forms.
- Learn how to choose the right medium for your story.
The later part of this course covers the process of writing. This includes:
- Learn tips and strategies to write more and create a writing routine.
- Learn how to outline your story from plot, character, synopsis and formatting.
- Learn how to write your first draft, then how to edit your work.
This course concludes with lessons on how to find a home for your work. In today's world you have many options for sharing your stories with the world from self-publishing to working with a publisher. This course even contains step-by-step tutorials on how to self publish your book with Amazon.
If you want to quickly and easily learn creative writing, this is the course for you.
Remember, there is a 100% money-back guarantee. There is no reason to hesitate. Enroll now, see if you enjoy the course, and start writing your own stories today!
I work in the Film and Television industry as a copywriter, where I spend my days writing everything from print taglines and trailer copy, to special shoot scripts and additional film dialogue. I've contributed to a variety of high profile campaigns, ranging from Toy Story 4, to A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, to Black Panther, and many more in between.
I have always had a passion for film and writing. I received my Bachelor's degree in screenwriting from one of the U.S.'s top film schools, Loyola Marymount University. While there, I interned as a script reader at several production companies, including Jerry Bruckheimer, Happy Madison and DreamWorks. Ever since, I have dedicated myself to learning, understanding and refining the craft of writing, and continue to do so every day in my personal and professional work.