You're here because you want to learn how to write a screenplay, right?
Perhaps you want to be a screenwriter in the film industry, or you have a story idea in your head and want to put it down on paper.
This is the right place for you to learn the entire screenwriting process.
We'll walk you through coming up with great story ideas, developing your characters, formatting your screenplay using free and professional applications, revising your draft, and what to do after you've got your polished script.
Why take this course?
By the end of this course, you will have all the skills needed to write your own screenplay. Each section of the course builds upon the previous with new skills and practical activities. By taking action and doing these activities, you'll actually be writing your script as you take this course. So not only will you gain the knowledge and skills, but by following all of the course activities you can come away with a screenplay of your own!
Get instant access to everything you need to master screenwriting:
- 5+ hours of premium video lessons
- Downloadable guides and workbooks
- Fun activities to help you take action
- Instructor support and feedback
- and so much more!
- Find your writing style and voice
- More easily find great story ideas
- Develop a routine that makes you a productive writer
- Create three dimensional characters, including your protagonist, antagonist and supporting characters
- Write great stories with the 3-act story structure
- Understand each act of storytelling
- Write a synopsis for your screenplay
- Turn your synopsis into a treatment
- Turn your treatment into an outline
- Write and format your script
- Use Final Draft and free tools for writing out your screenplay
- Rewriting and revising your script draft
- Advanced breakdown of a story
- What to do after your screenplay is written
Who is your instructor?
The lead instructor for this course is Brian Birmingham, a professional copywriter who currently works in the film, television and gaming industry writing ad content, copy and more. Brian has established himself as an incredible storyteller and writer, with several screenplays under his belt. Brian received his Bachelor of Arts in Screenwriting from one of the United States' top film schools, Loyola Marymount University.
Brian has partnered with Phil Ebiner and the Video School team to create this comprehensive course, and is super excited to share his knowledge with you.
If you want to quickly and easily learn screenwriting, this is the course for you.
Remember, there is a 100% money-back guarantee. There is no reason to hesitate. Enroll now, see if you enjoy the course, and start writing scripts today!
Phil Ebiner & Brian Birmingham
I work in the Film and Television industry as a copywriter, where I spend my days writing everything from print taglines and trailer copy, to special shoot scripts and additional film dialogue. I've contributed to a variety of high profile campaigns, ranging from Toy Story 4, to A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, to Black Panther, and many more in between.
I have always had a passion for film and writing. I received my Bachelor's degree in screenwriting from one of the U.S.'s top film schools, Loyola Marymount University. While there, I interned as a script reader at several production companies, including Jerry Bruckheimer, Happy Madison and DreamWorks. Ever since, I have dedicated myself to learning, understanding and refining the craft of writing, and continue to do so every day in my personal and professional work.